Writing in the forum 2: rules and policy
RaeNye 19 Apr 2010 07:48
A sequel in the successful Writing in the forum post series. Now showing on a computer monitor near you.
- To encourage discussion, we will normally take at least two days before answering a posted question. Nevertheless, we will acknowledge correctness of answers posted by fellow students.
- Read previous questions and answers before you post. We will ignore questions appearing more than once.
- Read the lecture notes before you post. We will ignore questions whose answers appear in the presentations.
- A question relevant for the entire course is more likely to get an answer when posted in the forum rather than when sent to us by email. Especially a day before the midterm.
- Keep the forum tidy by using threads wisely:
- Refrain from posting an unrelated question in an open thread,
- Refrain from starting a new thread when you have a follow-up question (to someone else's question or to yours),
- Refrain from replying yourself; use the Edit button to edit your post if you had a typo or simply forgot to say something.